Middle Georgia Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED)

5 posters

Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED)

Post  James Powell Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:03 pm

The Oak Hill Middle School disc golf club will sponsor an Ice Bowl in Milledgeville on Jan. 17, 2009. All proceeds will go to Milledgeville's Meals on Wheels. Current plans are to have one round of singles, followed by a chili lunch, then a round of random draw doubles for those interested. I am planning to give 1st place trophies in open and juniors, as well as a plaque for whomever raises the most money. Also, I will be hitting up the community for CTP's for every hole. I will get Ice Bowl discs if I can get a sponsor. Most tourneys have rocs and aviars. Any preferences? I will give more details as the date approaches. Hope you can make it!! cheers

James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Re: Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED)

Post  brianlang Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Sounds great.

I will add this to the front page. What is the entry fee?
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl on Jan. 17

Post  James Powell Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:17 pm

I have a sponsor for the Ice Bowl, so for $15 you you will have lots of chances to win, PLUS a cool Ice Bowl disc!! Razz Not to mention free lucnh. (Chili plus whatever else I can get)

I will probably buy 50 discs, so a disc for the first 50 paid entries get a disc.

James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl Jan. 17

Post  James Powell Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Alright, here is the final lowdown as I know it now. $15 entry, $5 optional for 5 CTP's plus prize drawing, free chili lunch, and an Ice Bowl disc. Some type of trophy for 1st ine each division, (open, girls' and boys' juniors) I also may have some Ice Bowl discs for sale. All money will go to the Baldwin County Meals on Wheels. Sign in from 8:30-9:30, players' meeting at 9:40. Singles begin at 10:00, random draw doubles after lunch. I will have 11-18 holes set up, depending on how many portable baskets you guys can bring. (I sold mine) Guaranteed to have a great time, so let me know if you plan on coming.

Thanks,
James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Prize package for ice bowl

Post  James Powell Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:22 pm

For the optional $5 buy in, not only will you get a chance to win one or more of the 5 CTP's per division, but you will also be entered in the drawing for three discs. The discs will be an inncolor star Ontario Roc, a Gateway supersoft Magic putter, and a star Destroyer, all with the Ice Bowl logo. I will also have 10 champion Monarchs, 5 champion Boss drivers, and 5 FLX Discraft SS Surges for sale at $15 each. All proceeds will go to the Baldwin County Meals on Wheels. Please plan on coming to play Rolling Hills DGC and support Meals on Wheels!

Thanks,
James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice in Milledgeville

Post  Eddy Saunders Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:33 am

James,
I'm planning to come up yonder to play in your Ice Bowl tourney. Are you going to have on-line registration or cash only on 17 Jan?
I have an M-14 target you can use if you want. That is of course if you have a 50+ Grandmasters division!?!?
Let me know what I can do to help publicize the event. I work on Robins AFB.
Eddy
Eddy Saunders
Eddy Saunders
Putter

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Sounds good!

Post  James Powell Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 am

Sorry, i am not technologically advanced enough for online registration. Very Happy Cash on Jan. 17 sounds good, unless you want to mail your entry. I will try to post an entry form this week. I will let you know about the basket, thanks for the offer.

See you soon,
James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Non-tec Geek

Post  Eddy Saunders Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:27 am

I think the PDGA will assist with on-line registrations for non-sanctioned tourneys. John did it in May for the Big Bros and Sis benefit.....but don't ask me how.
Eddy Saunders
Eddy Saunders
Putter

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Re: Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED)

Post  brianlang Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Most ATL tournament TDs use Solstice but I think they charge 3.00 per transaction. I do not think it would be worth it for a non sanctioned event.

http://www.eatsleepdisc.com

Last edited by brianlang on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty On-line sign-up fee

Post  Eddy Saunders Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:22 pm

You're right Brian. I think the tourney at Claystone in May had a $3 on-line processing fee. But it was a long time ago and I ain't so young anymore.
Eddy
Eddy Saunders
Eddy Saunders
Putter

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl

Post  IMPRESARIO Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Do I understand correclty that the we will be playing holes #1 - #10 definitly and possibly playing #11 - #18 depending on what temp baskets we bring?
IMPRESARIO
IMPRESARIO
Driver

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl

Post  James Powell Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:24 pm

We will play at least 11 holes, but I already have a few people I know can bring baskets, I a pretty sure we will have 18 holes, though. Anyone else out there have a basket we can use?
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl in Milledgeville

Post  James Powell Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:02 pm

On top of all the possible prizes to be won at our Ice bowl, we have now added an Innova Traveler Basket. This will be drawn for seperately with the $5 buy-in. We will now have 5 CTP's per division, a drawing for the basket, and a drawing for the three discs mentioned earlier, all for $5! Please preregister if possible. As of right now, I only plan 3 divisions; open, jr. boys, and jr. girls. All of your entry money will go to our charity, Baldwin County Meals on Wheels. Don't forget, we feed you for free as well! Please plan to attend!

Thanks,
James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl registration?

Post  Eddy Saunders Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:01 am

James,
How can I pre-register?
See you next month.
Merry Christmas,
Eddy
Eddy Saunders
Eddy Saunders
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  brianlang Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Eddy Saunders wrote:James,
How can I pre-register?
See you next month.
Merry Christmas,
Eddy
Ice Bowl Registration
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl Registration

Post  James Powell Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 pm

When you register for the Ice bowl, sign up as advanced, intermediate, or recreational if you are new to disc golf. I will have a trophy for each division. When I said open, I just meant everyone over 18. Since this is about charity and having fun, I figured most people would not mind playing one division. I do not want to leave anyone out, however. If any pros want to play, sign up as open. Remember, winners get trophies. Don't forget the extra $5 for all the additional chances to win. That now includes an Innova Traveler basket!
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Jan. 17

Post  jimigsu Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:54 pm

The Oak Hill Middle School disc golf club will sponsor an Ice Bowl in Milledgeville on Jan. 17, 2009. All proceeds will go to Milledgeville's Meals on Wheels. Current plans are to have one round of singles, followed by a chili lunch, then a round of random draw doubles for those interested. I am planning to give 1st place trophies in open and juniors, as well as a plaque for whomever raises the most money. Also, I will be hitting up the community for CTP's for every hole. I will get Ice Bowl discs if I can get a sponsor. Most tourneys have rocs and aviars. Any preferences?

$15 entry, $5 optional for 5 CTP's per division plus prize drawing, free chili lunch, and an Ice Bowl disc. Some type of trophy for 1st in each division, (open,am, women, girls' and boys' juniors as needed) I will also have some Ice Bowl discs for sale. All money will go to the Baldwin County Meals on Wheels. Sign in from 8:30-9:30, players' meeting at 9:40. Singles begin at 10:00, random draw doubles after lunch. I will have 11-18 holes set up, depending on how many portable baskets you guys can bring. (I sold mine) Guaranteed to have a great time, so let me know if you plan on coming.

For the optional $5 buy in, not only will you get a chance to win one or more of the 5 CTP's per division, but you will also be entered in the drawing for three discs. The discs will be an inncolor star Ontario Roc, a Gateway supersoft Magic putter, and a star Destroyer, all with the Ice Bowl logo. I will also have 10 champion Monarchs, 5 champion Boss drivers, and 5 FLX Discraft SS Surges for sale at $15 each. Please plan on coming to play Rolling Hills DGC and support Meals on Wheels!

When you register for the Ice bowl, sign up as advanced, intermediate, or recreational if you are new to disc golf. I will have a trophy for each division. When I said open, I just meant everyone over 18. Since this is about charity and having fun, I figured most people would not mind playing one division. I do not want to leave anyone out, however. If any pros want to play, sign up as open. Remember, winners get trophies. Don't forget the extra $5 for all the additional chances to win. That now includes an Innova Traveler basket!

jimigsu

(I Copied this from the Disc Golf Atlanta Website)

jimigsu
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Powell Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:19 pm

There is also a drawing for an Innova Traveler basket!!

James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Post  jimigsu Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks for adding that in. It is one of the most fun courses around, and I am really beginning to grow into this. And last time i played i did poorly and shot an 11 over par and I will take that all day.

jimigsu
Putter

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Ice Bowl Discs

Post  James Powell Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Already have 11 Ice Bowl discs accounted for!! Only the 1st 50 entrees get an Ice Bowl disc with their entry. Don't get left out!! Sad

However, if you miss out on the complementory Ice Bowl discs, I do have 20, well 18 more for sale at $15 each. I have 4 more champion bosses, 4 more esp flx surge ss's, and 10 champion monarchs.

Download your registation form and pre-register ASAP! Let me know if you want me to hold a disc for you.

Hope to see you soon,
James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Cold as a......................

Post  James Powell Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Looks like we are going to have a sure enough ICE Bowl Saturday. Be sure to bundle up. Looks like we are going to avoid any wet weather, hopefully wind as well.

James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty A REAL Ice Bowl

Post  James Powell Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Remember, no wimps, no whiners. I will be out there before 8, and as my old pappy used to say, "It will be cold as a well digger's *** in Idaho." Laughing

Hope to see you there,
James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Saturday January 17 (FINISHED) Empty Thanks for the ICE

Post  Eddy Saunders Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 pm

James,
Thanks for putting together a class tourney!! It was a pleasure meeting you and all the folks up there. I just have to find some mountains to train in before next year. Again, Thanks for all the work you, your family, and other good people (and sponsors) put into the 09 Ice Bowl.
Tell our Rec division winner to look out for me in 2010. I promise to give him more competition now that I know his course. Also, I hope to plan a gathering with you guys in Macon soon.
Take care and God bless,
Eddy Saunders
Eddy Saunders
Eddy Saunders
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Powell Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks to all that participated in this year's ice bowl. We gave out lots of prizes and discs, shared some good food, and had fun out on the course. To all you that came, thanks. To those that didn't, you missed a great time and hope to see you next time.

James
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down