Middle Georgia Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008

5 posters

Go down

Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008 Empty Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008

Post  brianlang Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:14 am

click on the basket below for a slide show
Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008 2635660634_8c6e48e6a0_o

I was disappointed to see the current condition of Claystone today. I guess I should not be surprised after a tornado has came through, but it was sad to see first hand. I was going to comment on each hole's level of damage, but honestly the first 9 really do not resemble a disc golf course at this point. Holes 3, 6, and 9 have their baskets still up but it is not worth the walk to play right now. It might be best to stay out of the woods until clean up is finished. I can tell that some holes will play a little different when they return. With the exception of the basket for 13 (pictured above), the back nine is playable but as you can see from the pictures, the fairways are either cluttered with trees or covered in dirt right now. I was also told that the clean up project will be slowed by the fact that FEMA will not be funding the repair because the course was established by an outside entity. I have the full confidence that the Claystone Rangers and staff will get the course going, but they have a lot on their plates know. I am excited to see how it will play after the clean up process is complete.

More updates to come as I get them.
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008 Empty Baskets condition

Post  James Powell Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:10 pm

How many of the baskets were destroyed? Looks like 13 took a direct hit. Shocked
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008 Empty Re: Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008

Post  brianlang Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:42 pm

If I am not mistaken, only 13 was 7 and 13 were damaged.
I think that six of the front nine baskets were pulled up and stored by on of the park buildings with no damage, leaving three baskets still up. The only basket not in place on the back nine is the unlucky 13 pictured above.
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008 Empty Re: Claystone's Condition in Pictures as of 7/3/2008

Post  John Gordon Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:26 am

Are all the baskets back up? Course ready for visitors? Considering a trip from Savannah.

John Gordon
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  jimigsu Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:43 pm

they are all back up and running now. Hole #1 does not have a tee pad because it has not replaced. But outside of that the course if fun and ready to play. Plus the lake is low right now, so you can get a good feel for the course with a LOT less danger of losing a disc in the water. Enjoy our course!

jimigsu
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  CORNBREAD Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 pm

The lake will be returned to normal in a few days, I think this is the last week end of the lake level I call "forgiveness". The form is in place for the #1 tee box, I'm guessing concrete can"t be to far now.
CORNBREAD
CORNBREAD
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down