Middle Georgia Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baskets in the ground

4 posters

Go down

Baskets in the ground Empty Baskets in the ground

Post  dannyboy8611 Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello All - My name is Dan Kaufman. I am a student at GCSU and the Disc Golf Coordinator for the Bobcat Frisbee Club. We currently have the front 9 holes available for play with baskets, and an additional 5 holes on the back nine available for play with tone poles. The front nine holes have tee markers and next tee signs to eliminate any confusion. We are close to reaching our financial goal to purchase baskets for the back nine. We have work days planned to clear out more of the back nine. Since we work on a volunteer basis and are currently raising funds, we are always gracious for any help offered. If you would like to help or have any questions/concerns about the course please contact me @ dano.kaufman@gmail.com. Hope to see many more players in the Middle Georgia area out to play the course!
dannyboy8611
dannyboy8611
Putter

Back to top Go down

Baskets in the ground Empty Re: Baskets in the ground

Post  brianlang Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Welcome to the site. It is nice to have another course in the area. I also like the idea of a Rolling Hills/Myrtle Ridge one day 2 round event. It could be a nice fund raiser. We may have several temp baskets that could be used for both locations. I personally perfer to donate funds for registration in place of workdays due to my schedule. I would not mind sponsoring a CTP or two as well. If you do not already know James you should get with him. He has done some great things at Rolling Hills.
By the way, what are you going to do with the tone poles that were used on the front nine? I bet Eddy Saunders would exchange services for loaning the poles to the Perry course to get his course going.
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Baskets in the ground Empty Myrtle Ridge/Rolling Hills Tournament

Post  James Powell Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Brian,

Funny you should mention this. Doug Oetter from GCSU and I discussed doing a fundraiser tournament on our courses the 1st or 2nd weekend of November. Do you know which date would be the least conflicted? Also, we will probably combine efforts for this year's Ice Bowl. How would two rounds with plenty of chances to win CTP's sound to you guys? Does $25 entry sound fair? Lunch would of course be provided, and like I said you would have plenty of chances to win. Give me some feedback.

Thanks,
James Powell
James Powell
James Powell
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Post  brianlang Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:04 pm

James Powell wrote:Brian,

Funny you should mention this. Doug Oetter from GCSU and I discussed doing a fundraiser tournament on our courses the 1st or 2nd weekend of November. Do you know which date would be the least conflicted? Also, we will probably combine efforts for this year's Ice Bowl. How would two rounds with plenty of chances to win CTP's sound to you guys? Does $25 entry sound fair? Lunch would of course be provided, and like I said you would have plenty of chances to win. Give me some feedback.

Thanks,
James Powell

I am in.
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Baskets in the ground Empty Re: baskets in the ground

Post  Eddy Saunders Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Hey Milledgeville,

Any more news on the MR/RH fund-raiser tournament in early Nov? We're almost there.

Eddy
Eddy Saunders
Eddy Saunders
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down