Middle Georgia Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th

Go down

Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th Empty Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th

Post  billnchristy Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Unsanctioned, women only tournament, June 26th, East Roswell Park
NOTE: Unsanctioned will not mean skimpy pay-out, it just means I am trying to get loads of non-PDGA women involved!

Tourney website

I am running this event in conjunction with the RDGC, Imran will Co-TD with me and Courtney McCoy is going to help out as well. Kevin will be on-hand to set up the pro-am doubles as well.

The details:

1 round of singles followed by 1 round of pro-am doubles.
Pro- Black tees, $40
Adv-Blue tees, $35
Int-Red tees, $30
Rec-Red tees, $25
Jrs.-Pink tees, $15 (shortened 4,8,16) 1 round only, trophy only

Players Pack

All pre-registered women get this bonus item:

1 pair fused glass hand-made earrings with sterling silver post. Made by Kellie Resetar's Art Glass Studio here in Roswell!

Pro:
Custom stamped Zing mini
Soap from Southern Bell Soaps
Scrubbie & Soap bag from Flutterbywind
$10 Gift card from PGA Tour Superstore

Adv/Int/Rec:
Custom stamped DX disc
Custom stamped Zing mini
Soap from Southern Bell Soaps
Scrubbie & Soap bag from Flutterbywind

Juniors:
Custom stamped DX disc
Custom stamped Zing mini
Junior pack (bracelet kit and maybe more)

You can see pictures here

Doubles will feature a trophy for the winners and the singles round will be paid out like any other tournament.

Payout from Primo Plastic

Being an unsanctioned affair we strongly encourage ADV players to move to pro, you could have a chance to compete against some of the top women pros! We also ask any PDGA experienced woman to move up to allow REC to be a newcomer class for women with no tournament and little playing experience.

Sign up is at disc golf united, you have to register but it is free and easy, if you have any questions let me know:

Sponsorship information:

I have several levels of sponsorship available. I had to pay the piper pretty well to get this venue so I would appreciate you guys stepping up like I know you will. I am also in contact with several major disc golf companies and local businesses so I do not plan on “using” just the disc golf community to fund this event.

While it is an unsanctioned event I am not treating it that way, my goal is to grow this into a TX Women’s style event (which just had 102 competitors). With that I am going after big name sponsors and attendance to hopefully lock them in for future events.
That being said, here are the sponsorship options:

Divisional Title Sponsors:

PRO sponsored by Diana Gunlock Lane & Jordan Lane
ADV sponsored by Team Gold Bond
INT sponsored by Paragon Disc Golf Apparel
REC sponsored by PGA Tour Superstore
Jr & DUBS sponsored by Disc Caddie Golf

Purple Level Sponsor (2 remaining) $75-
This also gets you on the flyer and all purple sponsors will be on one sign at tourney central.

Choi Kwang Do, Beaver Ruin Road location
MVP Disc Sports
Provino's Italian Restaurant

Pink Level Sponsor (8 remaining) $50-
This gets you a thanks in the program and on the website, fb group

Primo Plastic
Team Gold Bond

Hole Sponsors (17 remaining) $25-

1-Trenton Solomon
2-Team Gold Bond
3-Emily Van Vranken
4-Perkerson Park
5-Team Gold Bond
6-Lorelei Johnson
7-Team Gold Bond
8-Jason & Shelby Sheppard Hoffman
9-Flyboy Aviation Disc Golf
10-Craig Dickerson & Family
11-The IDGC
12-Support the women of disc golf
13-Tracy & Kari
14-Shoe
15-Happyphamily.com
16-Perkerson Park
17-Seqouyah Park
18-shoptom.com

1 tee sign to be placed in the most obvious place, thanks in program. Tee sign will be high quality color print on card-stock and will be returned to you if desired. Example will be forthcoming.

All sponsor levels will receive a custom stamped disc and zing mini in addition to the advertisements.

CFR discs TBD

Schedule and other details will be forthcoming.

Click for sponsorship.

Last edited by billnchristy on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th Empty Re: Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th

Post  billnchristy Tue May 04, 2010 9:05 pm

MVP disc sports is sending some Ions for CTPs.
$100 added cash to pro thanks to Diana Gunlock Lane & Jordan Lane.

The PGA Tour Superstore has agreed to sponsor and is throwing in a $10 gift card in all player packs!

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th Empty Re: Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th

Post  billnchristy Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Updated tourney info in top post.

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Wed May 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Courtney Peavy McCoy is now signed up for the tourney.

INT has 2 players.

Still looking for ADV and Juniors.

REC quickly filling up...6 so far.

Each class has nearly $40 in players pack, if you win you get a nearly $40 dinner, payout, and a sweet custom plate trophy...hand painted by me!

Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th Dsc00004sk

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Sun May 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Disc art:
Womens tournament in Atlanta, June 26th Woodnymphsart

Looking for advanced women players!! Trophy, dinner for two and all the player pack stuff is like getting paid to play. Cool

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Mon May 31, 2010 9:47 pm

Divisional winners receive free entry into the Magnolia thanks to the PDGA & Karolyn O'Cull.

That's right, enter my tourney for half the price, win, and get all the perks of winning plus entry into the Magnolia...can't beat that!!

http://www.pdga.com/IDGC/events

**Divisions must have competitors**

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:09 pm

If you have a kid who is even mildly interested in disc golf and you are going to play go ahead and bring them. We will do a 1hr kids clinic during the first round and let them play on the playground the rest of the time. If you are going to bring a girl to play in Juniors we will do another 1hr clinic during the pro-am doubles round.

Basically...bring your kid and we will keep them busy for you...Obviously must be old enough to throw a disc.

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:42 pm

I just worked out the CTP grid:

Everyone but Jrs. $5 buy in will get you $3 cash CTP on hole 15 and $2 ace pot. If no ace throw-off will be on hole 5 after round 2.

Free CTP quantity (not holes)

Pro: 3
Adv: 7
Int: 8
Rec: 11
Jr: 3

If no ADV play then the remaining move to int and rec.

CTP prizes range from tye dye towels and shirts courtesy of SueMac to Innova swag, to discs, minis, hats etc...

Round 2 will feature the following coolness:

Hole 5, the mini challenge. After taking your drives for doubles all players can proceed to throw a mini from a designated throw zone (each woman will have a flag with their name on it).

When the zing minis come in I will be selling 20 at $2 each, ALL proceeds will go to this competition and I will throw in $10 so winner could walk away with $50 cash.

Top 10 will also receive a Ching Juju Supreme mini in purple, teal, pink, or peach.

Hole 8- Birdie prize, any team with a 3 will receive a prize.

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:54 pm

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=372794#post372794

CFR Sale thread. I would rather see the ladies come up and play but if you can't make it, scope out a sweet disc. Smile

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:16 am

JUST ADDED:

Vibram disc golf presents the Vibram Putting Challenge. Every woman gets 3 shots with a Vibram Summit and chooses her distance, 1' to 50'. Each made shot counts for 1 point a foot. Highest score after 3 throws wins $50 and a putter, 2nd and 3rd win a putter. Tie breaker rounds if necessary.

You can get in on this....only at the tournament. Sign up today!!

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:25 pm

19 confirmed...several others verbally confirmed.

Also added: Braves/Thrashers tickets as prizes.

June 19th is the final pre-registry day. I will be picking up the earrings and doubles trophies this wednesday. Get in now if you want a pair of earrings.

If not, come on out with cash day of and don't forget:

$5 ace/cash ctp fund
$5 per round for extra rounds of the Vibram Challenge.

Just added, guys can play the Vibram Challenge for their own pot...$5 to enter $3 to the guys, $2 goes to the girls.

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Final week before the event!! Everything is coming together...I pick up the juniors trophies Wednesday, the Ions are in (and are PINK), the Vibram Summits are in...

22 women are pre-registered and it closed last night. You can still show up day of and pay because obviously this is not going to sell out.

Payout will be 50% of the field and averages at about 90% of entry fee not including the dinners and Magnolia entry. Considering these and the >100% players pack payout is closer to 150-200%. Very Happy

Come on down Saturday, we got big news about next year already and hopefully it will be a must-attend event.

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  billnchristy Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Check in / registration is 800-915 tomorrow.

Get there early so you can play a round of the Vibram Challenge.

We will have plenty of water at tourney central, between 1/10, and out on the course (8 & 14) make sure to stay hydrated it is going to be HOTT.

Could be 30+ women tomorrow, 28 already confirmed.

billnchristy
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down