Middle Georgia Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic - Night time Doubles Tournament-Comments

4 posters

Go down

Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic - Night time Doubles Tournament-Comments Empty Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic - Night time Doubles Tournament-Comments

Post  IMPRESARIO Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Please let me know what you liked and didn't like about the Moonlight Classic. Please be honest and considerate. (No we can't have Beer Carts in the park because beer isn't allowed in the park.)

Thanks
IMPRESARIO
IMPRESARIO
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic - Night time Doubles Tournament-Comments Empty Re: Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic - Night time Doubles Tournament-Comments

Post  CORNBREAD Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Every thing was great for our first turney. The only things that I can think of are some trash cans, and maybe some sort of lighting at the tees ie. solar landscape lights. I kept score for our group the other night and a dim light at the tee would have been nice. It sucks when your nightvison is just getting adjusted, and you have to turn on a flashlight to write a score, only to be blind for the next ten min. the glow sticks are'nt quite bright enough.
CORNBREAD
CORNBREAD
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic - Night time Doubles Tournament-Comments Empty Re: Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic - Night time Doubles Tournament-Comments

Post  brianlang Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Because of the success of the tournament. I think it may soon be necessary to have different divisions. One idea may me to play for plastic and trophies or plaques for Amateurs (Advanced and Beginner)and let the money go to the pros. You could give vouchers to the Pro Shop for a certain amount of money. When I saw Dollar and Rachel I knew we were playing for second place. If two or more pro teams come to the next event some players may be discouraged without the chance to cash or win.

Also it would be good if we provided the glow supplies for sale at the event. this would/could add the the purse. You can get glow brackets (60 Tri-color 8" glow stick bracelets) for 7.95 online. If you sold them for four for three dollars to 22 teams, you would collect over one hundred dollars in profit and still save every player a dollar from what they would paid at Walmart for 4 lights.

All OBs should be listed on the score cards. We have a deceptive amount of OB that we take for granted. It would be good to have it listed just in case of issue.

Offer an Ace fund. this could roll over from event to event if not won.
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Post  luke Thu May 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Can't think of anything I didn't like except the fact that some of the guys who, well, haven't played in too many tournaments were blasting music next to the first tee after they finished. Hopefully that will work itself out. Didn't bother me; I've been playing too long to let it, but there were a few comments on the ignorance in doing so.

luke
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down