Middle Georgia Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

end of year Tags

4 posters

Go down

end of year Tags Empty end of year Tags

Post  IMPRESARIO Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:15 pm

jUST CURIOSUS WHERE EVERYBODY ENDED UP? jOHN hARRISON #9 JOHN HART #18
IMPRESARIO
IMPRESARIO
Driver

Back to top Go down

end of year Tags Empty Re: end of year Tags

Post  brianlang Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:54 pm

I won 4b and since there is no 4b I ended up last.

The 4 tag was lost on the course in a round and it changed hands without the tag present. (not legal)
Another group (including me) found the 4 tag and threw it into their challenge. (not legal)

Later that week, I played the person that thought they had the invisible 4 and lost the 1 tag to that person. Since I was in the group that found the tag and allowed it to be thrown in, I took responsibility for the error and relinquished my right (or lack there of) to the 4 tag.

Even though the tag should not have been exchanged without being present, the group that I was in should have found out who was suppose to have it and return it instead of throwing the tag in our challenge. Or at the very least retired the tag as the rules state.

Long story short no came out any worse than me and I should have known better. That is why we have rules.
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Post  jmjoseph Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:45 pm

I've got #2 for now. I'm having surgery the second week in Jan., and will be on crutches for six weeks. Hopefully my game will improve afterward. J.M.Joseph

jmjoseph
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  jmjoseph Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Brian, I was the one who lost the #4 tag( it came off the lanyard), and was wondering what the protocol was concerning that sort of thing.J.M.Joseph

jmjoseph
Putter

Back to top Go down

Post  brianlang Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:04 pm

jmjoseph wrote:Brian, I was the one who lost the #4 tag( it came off the lanyard), and was wondering what the protocol was concerning that sort of thing.J.M.Joseph

The decent thing would be for the person that found it to give it back to the person that lost it.

Technically the rules states that you cannot play for a tag unless it is present but the rules are unclear about what happens if a bag tag is lost after the challenge but before the end of the round.

The current rules state that a that if you lose your tag you will be given the next tag. Unfortunately we do not have a rule that would protect the winning person if the tag was lost mid round.
brianlang
brianlang
Driver

http://www.myspace.com/brianblang

Back to top Go down

Post  CORNBREAD Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 pm

[quote="brianlang"]
jmjoseph wrote:Brian, I was the one who lost the #4 tag( it came off the lanyard), and was wondering what the protocol was concerning that sort of thing.J.M.Joseph

The decent thing would be for the person that found it to give it back to the person that lost it.

You know thats what I thought to. It's almost like finding a disc with some you know name on it, scratching it out and claiming it as yours. It appears that decency is at a premium around here.

Cornbread
CORNBREAD
CORNBREAD
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

end of year Tags Empty Good Luck With Surgery!!

Post  CORNBREAD Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:11 pm

jmjoseph wrote:I've got #2 for now. I'm having surgery the second week in Jan., and will be on crutches for six weeks. Hopefully my game will improve afterward. J.M.Joseph

Hey, Good luck with your surgery. I hope that all goes well. I'll give you a call tues. morning. Maybe if you feel up to it we can play atleast the front. Or maybe something on the baskets in the backyard.
CORNBREAD
CORNBREAD
Mid Range

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down